Friday 25 December 2009

Theatre of Small Moments



Readers, as I write this update on Christmas Day 2009, I feel like I'm returning to my roots. This started out as a blog to document my journey within the realm of puppetry, but as 2009 draws to an end I'm realising that I was never meant to sit within any particular niche and the fact that I'm doing a degree in Puppetry doesn't make any difference. I have always been just as much of a painter, illustrator, etc etc as anything else, and finally I feel I'm reaching a point where all these things are coming together. So it's time to stop goddamn pretending that this is a blog about puppetry, because it's not.......it's about creativity. My impulses are definately leading me in some kind of direction but from now on I don't want to put them into any bracket or attempt any definition....it'll be much more fun that way.

So with that in mind, here is the Theatre of Small Moments - I gave these as Christmas presents this year, each theme is relevant to each recipient. I was going to make moving scenes but decided in the end to go for a static ones. Seems that as time goes on the puppets I make want to move less and less.







No comments: